Friday, August 3, 2012

Deep Dish Pizza Pie



This recipe has made the man clan rather happy!  For that matter it has made their momma happy too!  It is pizza.....loaded with vegetable freshness!  Like a taste of Italian summer in every bite!  Making your own crust, allows you to know it is wholesome, healthy ingredients with the highest quality ingredients.  I use organic whole wheat and organic white flour mix combined with fresh herbs for the crust.

Demarle products make cooking simplified and clean-up a breeze.  This pizza "bowl" could probably be baked over an inverted oiled pyrex pie plate...I have not tried it though.  I like the size of the Demarle fluted tart and the ease of removal as well! 

Your baked pizza crust bowl awaits good filling!


 While your bowl is baking....chop 6 stalks of asparagus(optional), 2 bell peppers (colors of choice...I had green.  I used green), 7 green onions, 2-3 handfuls of fresh spinach (add more spinach of you opt out on the asparagus), 1 tomato, 1/2 cup fresh basil. 
 Add 1/2 tsp sea salt, 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese.  I also added some sausage of choice (nitrite or nitrate free....just kinda picky about the nitrates).  Also, I have started using Hormel Natural's nitrate free Salami in place of pepperoni.  I can chop the salami finely and get about 3 pizzas out of a $2.50 package.
 The first time I made this the family enjoyed it while I was at work.  I really wondered if the youngest of the man clan....the baby man child would pick apart the vegetable goodness.  I was pleased to be told....he inhaled it.....It was PIZZA! 

Oh yes, by the way...Bake for 5 minutes on 425 until the cheese is melted.  No need to serve this pizza with a salad....it is all included! Fine, fine, fine!!!!

No comments: