Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Guiltless Delicious Granola Bars

This recipe hits it out of the park....When enjoying these, I have to remind myself that they are healthy!  Truly a treat and an indulgent one at that!!!!

THIS RECIPE AGAIN PROOVES THAT HEALTHY CAN BE VERY YUMMY!!!! 


I chose to use my homemade granola in place of the nut mixture to incorporate the crispiness of the baked granola.  Also I used olive oil in this recipe because I find coconut oil to be a strong flavor.  I am thrilled however to have finally found a granola recipe that pleases my man clan. 

Combine in small sauce pan. Heat until pourable. Do not boil.
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup olive oil
2/3 cup local honey
1 cup natural peanut butter or almond butter


Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2 cups quick oats
1 cup (total) of your choice sunflower seeds, flax seeds, dried fruit bits, carob chips
(I use 1 cup of my homemade granola)
1 cup organic brown rice cereal crisps
(Erewhon Organic Crispy Brown Rice found in organic food section at Walmart)
1/8 -1/4 cup carob chips (optional)


Pour honey, oil and PB mixture over oat mixture and combine well...refrain from eating it by the spoonful warm...Soooo delic!  The best decription yet is..."it is like the combination of a peanut butter rice crispy treat and a granola bar."
My inspiration for this recipe came from Laura at Heavenly Homemakers....

No comments: