Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Colleen's Crackers

1 1/2 c. Whole Wheat Flour*
1/4 c. Soy Flour (I use whole wheat there too)*
1/4 c. Sesame Seeds (I do 2 TBS flax seed 2 TBS Sesame Seeds)
3/4 tsp. Salt
Stir together above ingredients (if adding flax seed, combine now with dry ingredients)

1/4 c. Canola or Olive Oil
Cut in the oil.

1/2 c. Water
Add until pie crust consistency.
I roll the dough out onto a silpat and bake on the silpat.
Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes
I brake the crackers into pieces after they cool.  Enjoy with sugar free jellies or chicken salad or just alone for a very healthy crunchy treat.

(The next time I make these I will take pictures to insert.)
*This recipe can also be made by inserting brown rice flour and oatmeal flour.  The rice/oat version is more like a flaky pie crust consistency.  Good...very good!  The Oat/Rice version uses very little water...add a TBS at a time.

No comments: