Supper co-op tonight was very a certain smile maker! The one family gets truly excited over cheese ravioli with marinara sauce, while our family loves alfredo. So tonight everyone got a salad with Olive Garden Dressing, pasta of their choosing, and focaccia bread.
This recipe of Focaccia bread I found on the beloved recipe database "All Recipes.com"
It has 4 3/4 stars with over 500 reviews and over 9000 viewers had "saved" the recipe.
It did not disappoint! Jackson (my almost 8 yr old) helped me make it. We were all delighted with the results. The herbs baked into the bread made the kitchen smell wonderful!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella
*To make it more wellness plan approved, I used 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour, instead of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, I spread on Basil Pesto and just a slight sprinkling of Italian cheese mixture...mostly as a garnish. The man clan was still begging for more. I encourage you to try the revised version. We also enjoy individual little dipping plates with a dollop of pesto, olive oil, fresh ground black pepper, and a few dots of balsamic vinegar, you know like Macaroni Grill and other fine restaurants treat you.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt, sugar, yeast, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, basil and black pepper. Mix in the vegetable oil and water.
- When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Punch dough down; place on greased baking sheet. Pat into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle. Brush top with olive oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.