Sunday, November 9, 2008

Easy pumpkin pie

I have always loved pumpkin pie! It goes back to my desire to believe that the desserts I love are good for me. With pumpkin pie, I continue to remind myself how wonderful it is that I am eating yet another serving of vegetable.

For all you weight watcher friends, aren't vegetables considered pointless....not exactly pointless. Well, maybe that is why I still have not joined. Maybe I need some explaining:-)

This one I found online, because I was on a quest to find a good tasting recipe that did not call for evaporated milk. I had tried one recipe that a friend shared with me and it did not work....so, just wanting to share a keeper with anyone interested. Hope you enjoy it and add it to your favorites as well.


EASY PUMPKIN PIE

1 (16 oz.) can pumpkin
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg


Combine and beat until smooth and well blended. Stir in spices. Pour into an unbaked 9" pie shell. Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 350 degrees and continue baking pie 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool before cutting and garnish with whipped cream.
http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1737,149191-246200,00.html

No comments: