Sunday, June 15, 2008

Roasted Red Pepper and Potato Soup


I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com Such a wonderful tool! I made this in a batch to feed 20! It was wonderful. The recipe has been requested. When a recipe is requested....I take that as a compliment...I love to feed people. I love it even more when they want to duplicate my efforts and share it with the ones they love and nourish!


Here it is....my version.


3 TBS butter
1 TBS olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 large carrot, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
2 cloves garlic, pressed (I love my pampered chef garlic press)
2 TBS flour
1 (48 oz) can chicken stock
3 medium potatoes, diced
1 cup half-and-half cream
1 (6 oz) jar of roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
2 tsp fresh thyme ( I made a thyme bouquet....tied a few stems together with thread and let the flavor infuse overnight....then I took the whole bundle out prior to serving)
salt and pepper to taste.


Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat and mix in the olive oil. Saute the onion, carrot, and celery for about 5 minutes, until onion is lightly bowned. Stir in the garlic, and continue to cook 1 minute. Mix in the flour. Wisk in the chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Place the potatoes in the pot, reduce heat to low, and cook 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.

Mix the half-and-half into the pot. Stir in the roasted re peppers. Season with thyme bouquet, salt and pepper. Continue cooking until heated through.

Enjoy with warm crusty bread for dipping!!!

No comments: