Sunday, June 15, 2008

Chocolate Square Dances


I received this wonderful recipe from my friend, Lisa Fondren. She made these bars for the conference our church hosted last week. They are delicious. I can rationalize eating them...since they are made with oatmeal....Oatmeal takes an ordinary cookie to a become a complex carb. I tell myself it is better than the other options.....Thank you, Lisa!!!



Chocolate Square Dances

4 cups quick oatmeal
1 cup margarine, or butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 Tbl vanilla extract
12 oz chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
3/4 cup peanut butter

Mix first 6 ingredients and press on an 11 x 17 inch cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees. Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter. Spread over baked oatmeal crust. Cut into squares. Makes about 4 to 5 dozen.

No comments: