Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Green Chile Rice

I must give credit where credit is due!  This originated from Home Based Mom's blog.  She has some wonderful recipes!

This has got to be the most delicious rice dish I have ever eaten!  I took it up a notch and make it with brown rice and no one turns it down!

Here goes my version of Chile Green Rice:

1 cup of brown rice (I have been amazed at the difference in texture organic brown rice possesses!)
2 cups of chicken stock (store bought or home made)
1 cup water
4 oz can of green chilies
1 small onion
1/3 - 1/2 cup cilantro
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cumin
3 green onions

I chop all the onions, chilies, cilantro and seasoning in the food processor....so its all flavor and picky kiddos can't drive me crazy by picking out every last onion at the dinner table:-)  Just telling you, there are no complaints with this at the dinner table!  I promise!  I have just endured the onion picking ritual too many times to give them the chance again!
So, put 2 cups of chicken stock, 1 cup of water, rice and chile/cilantro/onion  mixture in the pan and give it a stir....cover with foil or the lovely invention...a SILPAT.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until the rice is tender.


LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!!

No comments: