Thursday, October 28, 2010

Crepes...a man clan pleaser!

Crepe Batter

4 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups flour (I use ground oat flour that I grind in the blender)
2 1/4 milk (I use organic or goat milk)
1/4 c. butter, melted

Break eggs into blender.  Melt butter add milk to butter to cool it.  Pour into blender canister. Add dry ingredients  Combine all the ingredients in blender. Pulse for several seconds, until well combined.


I use my omelet pan to make crepes.  A pastry brush works well to coat pan with olive oil or your own oil of choice. Cover the bottom of pan with batter.  Cook until golden brown.  The boys like them lightly crispy on the edges.

I often fill them with fruit, or drizzle honey or pure maple syrup.

The fruit filling will be another post!  Enjoy some crepes!  We love them!


This batter keeps well in fridge. Make ahead and surprise the kiddos with a special breakfast.

No comments: