Tuesday, March 23, 2010

How do you use 10# of potatoes before they spoil?!?!?!

Roasted Potato Wedges.......here goes.......

 I go to my potato drawer...i have enjoyed this luxury to have a drawer just for my potatoes and onions...




 















Get out the potato bin...

















These were already washed...not typical around here..it just so happened to come in handy having it already done.  I am thinking that needs to be added to the chore chart that has not yet been made...WASH MOM'S PRODUCE...don't think its gonna happen:-)  I can dream though.














Cut them into wedges on a cutting board:-)














Prepare your bags...like double or triple your bags to prevent a mess....if you have an aversion to reusing grocery bags...you can do this in a ziplock bag or in a bowl...I just like the fact that these make for very quick clean up! ...And I know where my bags have been the gross ones get thrown out...ok, trust me!














Throw the wedges in the prepared bag.














Get ready to put on a big spoonful of the white stuff...I promise, the mayo flavor does not come through on these!  If you are avoiding mayo...you can drizzle with Olive Oil instead.













Now, time to pour on your choice of seasoning....Lawry's is a sure thing!  I also like using coarse sea salt and fresh ground pepper.


















Pour it on.........











Now get ready to put the bag to use.....close it.....


























Get out the Silpat...or spray a pan...results are by far better with a silpat!  I am not paid to promote them...I just really like them.

















Open the bag and the potatoes should be well coated....like this.














Pour them out onto the silpat.













Arrange them so they are not touching.  Well, basically not touching...cooking is not an exact science...
And if you think you would like a bit more seasoning on them...I add more now..you know a few more shake-a, shake-a....













Preheat the oven to 450.  Slide them in.....














I really did ask for an oven with a normal black or gray interior...this just seemed too sassy...it is growing on me....

So....about 20 minutes later.....they should look like this:














Hope your man clan or whom ever you are lovingly nourishing...enjoys them as much as mine do!!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

This sound soooooo good! I am missin' my potatoes somethin' fierce!