Monday, January 5, 2009

Reality Check

Yesterday being the first Sunday of the month, we had dinner at church, as is our routine. It is always a pleasant time of fellowship and great food.

As reflected on this weeks' menu, I had planned to take mashed potatoes, butter chive carrots, and peach cobbler. I suppose days like yesterday occur in our cooking experience to humble us. My potatoes turned brown when reheated. Can anyone give me some insight...why did this happen? My peach cobbler was edible, but that's about all I can say for it and well, I chopped the tip of my ring finger off while slicing the carrots..I am still saying "OUCH!!!" It really hurts. The carrots did not even make it to church. I did not figure anyone would want to eat them.

As Ree from Pioneer Woman would say...."just keepin' it real!" Ya'll have a good day and please pray for my finger and give me some insight regarding my brown potaoes! Thanks!

No comments: