Friday, December 26, 2008

Missy's Chocolate Chip Recipe


OK, I must admit this is a recipe I have had well over a year. I just cataloged it and had not tried it. On my recent trip to Kentucky, my hostess and dear friend, Z, was baking these for her son's teachers. She graciously shared one with me. I was hooked! This chocolate chunk cookie recipe is no ordinary cookie. It has peanut butter in it! The peanut butter adds a smoothness to the cookie, but the peanut flavor is not predominant. I did not detect it in the least. I urge you to try these! Don't make them standard sized, these are to be jumbo, commercial sized, enormous cookies! Rather impressive!

Missy's Chocolate Chip Cookies (Missy happens to be "Z's" sis-in-law)

2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 sticks unsalted buter
2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 bag semi-sweet chunks

Heat oven to 325.

Combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
Whip PB and butter. Add sugar, brown sugar. Beat until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour. Mix until blended and dough forms. Add chocolate chunks or chips.
A double batch almost filled my standard Kitchen Aid mixing bowl.

Measure out each cookie with 1/4 cup (or large Pampered Chef scoop) onto cookie sheet or SILPAT.



Here's a close up of the deliciousness. Of course this cookie dough is just as good, if not better raw! Refrain from eating it all raw. The baked cookies are even better with some milk...so says my little man clan tonight!

Bake at 325 for 15-17 minutes.

If you eat too many....you may get a tummy ache! You must share these with friends to refrain from overindulging! The 2 year old told me tonight that we cannot share these...."we need them all!"

1 comment:

100%Gourmande said...

Merci pour la recette