Monday: Heather's Cordon Bleu
Tuesday: Hot Dogs by fireside at the Tuckers
Wednesday: Brunswick Stew with Fried Cornbread (a beloved Southern specialty)
Thursday: Thanksgiving Day
Can you believe that after 12 years of marriage I have not ever hosted a Thanksgiving meal in my home! Once again I have the privilege to go and contribute, but not host. I while I do yearn to someday have the opportunity to host it in my home, I do view this as a chance to think more of the cooking and less about the place settings, decor and if the bathrooms are guest ready! This year, once again, I was afforded the luxury to look for some new recipes and explore new options!
I am taking the following:
- my yeast rolls (I think the nieces and nephew view these as my meal ticket)
- stewed sweet potatoes (These I cooked last night in the crock pot. Had the house smelling so good!)
- Bacon Blue Cheese Dip served with crackers, flat bread and grapes. Mixed this together tonight and will bake it Thursday morning.
- Phyllo and Prosciutto wrapped asparagus
- Whole Green Beans wrapped in bacon
- Deviled eggs
- Stuffed Celery
- Lemon-Almond Pound Cake
Considering that an aromatic dish is a good change to the Thanksgiving fare....I am once again cooking Moroccan Chicken, Jasmine rice, salad with ginger dressing
lunch: BLT wraps
supper: Alabama/ Auburn Game supper with friends
Sunday: After a week like this, I have no doubt there will be some leftovers to finish!
I pray all have a very blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Ephesians 4:7
Hebrews 13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.